Ma Dukes

Doin' all I can do to enjoy today.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

candlelight service

Drove an hour to Buckhannon with my very loving hubby. Met a woman whose son died a year ago at age 25. Her son was a policeman who had survived Iraq and more who had become an officer. My son was a drug addict and alcoholic and I believe our pain was the same.

I heard stories of a young woman whose 5 month old baby and another woman whose baby only lived 24 hours. Another woman lost both her sons. I came away in pain but grateful that I got to have a relationship with my son for 24 years.

So I did indulge in the pain a bit for an evening. And now one foot in front of the other doing what I can to imagine him untroubled, loving and at peace.

I hope to bring this service/ceremony to my town. Now I can see why they don't do it in a church.

2 Comments:

Blogger johno said...

I beleive pain is pain. Who am I to say my pain is worse or less than yours..

sounds lovely that you all do this
x

2:14 PM EST  
Blogger Syd said...

I wish you peace. And the thought of him being with God is a good one. I hope that all those who lost loved ones will be at peace.

6:48 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home