Ma Dukes

Doin' all I can do to enjoy today.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Thursday again

Looks wonderfully sunny outside. Deceiving cause I know how cold it is. The sun is not warming the day. Its really winter maybe. Even if it was 71 degrees just 2 days ago.

Rejection letter from the job interview with Convention & Visitors Bureau. Thats ok.

Have the day off tomorrow. Looking forward to a day at home. Or running townhouse paperwork around Morgantown. Either way...

Will be in Martinsburg Saturday for a summit on assisting with those who can't afford heat this winter. I'm certain our 2-1-1 program can be instrumental.

Miss Nik. Miss Helena. Miss Leslie, who by the way will have surgery tomorrow for those who pray. Miss Chrissie and Kim and LV Alanon. And I want to see KC in CT and Cathy in Houston. Its a holiday season and I am finding myself wanting my family. That definition sure has changed for me in the last years. Family.

And talk of Christmas. I've lost my enthusiasm for Christmas the last few years. Probably because it doesn't look like I'd like it to look. Wish it had more children in it. Have got to find a way to have more children in my life if I can't have more in my home. Its been hard to give up the dream of fostering or adpoting kids but there may be other ways that I haven't explored.

Coming to grips with not being able to travel as much to the north to LV and NY is another harsh reality. I'm with Chrissie--let me to my denial. Oh reality and truths be gone--leave me oh leave me to my dreams...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home