Ma Dukes

Doin' all I can do to enjoy today.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Thusday

If this is any example of how WV operates in an emergency, we are in real trouble.

It is Thursday and we have not had power since Monday nite. Last nite on my way home I saw they were working on the lines in the area where the lines had been on fire for a couple days but when I got home we still didn't have power and now the phone was gone too.
This morning was crisp, frosted and chilly away from the fireplace and still no power. I can't help feeling empathy for those in Louisiana and now FL. They might not have power for weeks or longer. For me, its inconvenient. I got a shower at home, came into town for breakfast--altho this is Fairmont WV and there are the one diner in town is not open at 6am. I am at work with a phone, heat and light. I'm a lucky one.

I remember talking to people in New Orleans and other parts of Louisiana who were not just dirty but wet, without food, ice, any water and confused about where to go next or where the rest of their family is and are they safe. So I am really trying to keep seeing my glass as half full rather than empty. But I have to be honest--I'm cranky. Yeah I can hear some of you--so what's new, cranky could be an improvement over how I've been this last year. So for today--
I know I am blessed with a wonderful husband who loves me, a home, a job, relatively sure where my family members are, currently warm, dry, clean, fed and in the light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home