Ma Dukes

Doin' all I can do to enjoy today.

Friday, December 09, 2005

trouble focusing

I am not on my way to the LV today because of the weather here and there. Its ok, I will leave early tomorrow, all should be more clear and less dangerous and it will be daytime instead of nighttime driving. I'm packed and ready to go. Hope the weather improves here and in PA and NY. I need my cup filled.

And I'll be able to get to my AA meeting. I hate to miss it and tonite will be special because I am certain they will take a minute to remember Sue who spent many Friday nites in that room welcoming and encouraging both the alcoholic and their Alanon. Thinking of Sue this morning I realized that she was not a great lady or any kind of bigshot. But she gave so much to so many here. And her humor! She will be missed.

I decided this morning that winter is cruel and unusual punishment. Its way cold and I sure do hate cold. The house is so drafty. The hill I slid down into the bridge last winter is ice again and very scarey. The bridge is pure ice.

I may have finally mastered being sad and be in a lighter mood anyway. Even my husband has noticed my better mood. Hope it lasts. And lasts and lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home