Ma Dukes

Doin' all I can do to enjoy today.

Monday, January 12, 2009

another spooky experience

SO this week I found a box of things to put in the printers box that DM hung for me and I found a stone that says "healing" on it and it brought memories of Lisa a sponsee way long time ago who gave it to me not long after Lonny died. I spent a moment wondering where is she now and how is she now...

Then this weekend there I am leaving a store in another town, not mine and who walks right up in front of me? Yup, Lisa. She is well. She married the boy that took her focus away from Alanon and has been married now for a year. I hugged her wished her well.

How do things like this happen?

I was reading old emails thinking it might be a good time to delete some old old ones. And there are some from my auntie Ruth now gone, died in May, Lonny died in Oct. In it she told me she would be my neice Corey's guardian angel if indeed she got to be an angel. I wonder...

I have some sadness today. Not weepy no anger or fear just I get so sad from time to time at who is no longer in my life and sometimes I regret not having spent more time or effort at staying in touch. And so today I work my butt off trying to stay in touch.

I am concerned about my brother. He fell so many times and hurt himself terribly while he was drinking the day after Christmas. I am concerned he may drink himself right out of life...and I can do nothing but love him and pray for him. I have no message for him not being a drinker myself.

So I turn 55 and am now a for real senior citizen. What a trip its been getting here. Ok I am ready for the perks of this age. Bring 'em on!

Johno poked me. I imagine that meant to write something. I miss being here. I miss having time to have friends and be a good friend here.
I'll try harder. Oh yeah thats what I had to believe I need to do after yesterday's District meeting. I hate being criticized good or bad. I wanted to quit but instead I need to try harder to reach out to the public, the families who need to know there is comfort and understanding in Al Anon.

But but but I....
oh nevermind

Enjoying this evening in a climbed into my pajamas really really early kind of day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home