Ma Dukes

Doin' all I can do to enjoy today.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

26 years ago today

My Grandma died 26 years ago today.
Each year I am surprised to remember/recall it.
Nik was 3 weeks old when I got on an airplane with him for the first time for both of us. I was so focussed on getting to FL to see my Grandma. Nik screamed most of the flight and I sure wanted to. She'd had a stroke and the prognosis wasn't good.

I did get to see her a bit. She hadn't met Nik until then because they left for FL before Christmas and he was born Christmas Eve.
26 years and I still miss her company. I was so young and self centered and self everything. I didn't treat her well. I am so sorry for that but can't change it. I made amends to her couple years ago while doing my 9th Step. I know that she would be proud of me today and how I turned my life around. Its one way of making living amends to her and my children. That I live differently today.

2 Comments:

Blogger johno said...

i think that about my mum too. I know she would be proud of whats happening to me, and that I am letting it happen and not turning away from change, progress ...

6:26 PM EST  
Blogger Syd said...

I'm glad that you had a chance to make amends to your grandmother. I felt that many times I didn't respect my mother as she aged and suffered from deep depression. I would become frustrated with her at times. I made my amends after her death. I know that she heard me.

10:17 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home