Ma Dukes

Doin' all I can do to enjoy today.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

taking it personally/Sunflowers of Grace

Boy have I been taking other peoples stuff personally these days. A sponsee doesn't call or show up at a meeting and I make it all about me instead of where her head is. My son doesn't call me back or answer my calls and I make it about me instead of about him and the phone. Theres an enthusastic newcomer who wants to do outreach enthusastically and I take it personally that I have not done a good job. I made suggestions to our delegate about things to take to world service but got a reply of explanation instead--I was not looking for explainin'. Took notice of who was not at bowling last night and attempted to be ok with who was there instead of who wasn't and have a good time anyway. Oh how self centered I am. Oh how I want to bebetter than I am

On the other hand I went to church this morning and I am so happy I went because my favorite person preached--we are without a regular pastor right now. He talked about sunflowers of grace. Oh how I long to be that in others lives. And I am remebering those who have been mine. My Grandma. My foster partents when I was 17 who showed me a slice of life I'd never seen before that time I lived with them. My sponsor's sponsor who has shown me what it like to live being of service and have values and morals I can aspire to.
Who are your sunflowers of grace in the dead of winter of your soul?

5 Comments:

Blogger johno said...

Many people at different times, i started making a,ist and then realised it would include loads of people. Nowadays I reach out to people though not in a clingy way (that much) so they dont often realised they helped me... but they have! Nowadays I am surrounded by angels, each with wings which touch me in differenent ways :) one or two photo's on my profile already I have been tagged in, there will be a few more I am sure over the next week or so.

5:41 PM EST  
Blogger Syd said...

I know that my mother was a sunflower in my life. My sponsor has been since I joined Al-Anon. My good friend D. has been a sunflower in many ways. Certainly when I was younger, my grandparents were there for me to cheer me on. I think that there have been many who have guided me and helped me to get through difficult times.

10:21 PM EST  
Blogger Mary Christine said...

There are so many people who are sunflowers in my life, I couldn't begin to count them, but I sure do feel their life.

8:31 AM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Mama Dukes! When are you gonna join SoberMoms! I have an Al-Anon group going in there~

I can relate to taking other peoples stuff personally. I am slowly and I mean s l o w l y getting better with some of this stuff. Thank God for Al-Anon.

Hugs,
G~

9:43 AM EST  
Blogger twodogsblogging said...

I have had many sunflowers, but because of the program, I haven't had a dead winter in a long while, thank God.

1:49 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home