Ma Dukes

Doin' all I can do to enjoy today.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Thursday July 3rd

It is almost with reluctance that I've come back here to write. Mostly because life seems so mundane and there is little to write about. Don't want to whine and complain. And I wonder if anyone really cares to read any of the babble I write. But then there I go again into the nobody loves or cares when I know thats not close to the truth but an old tape that crops up again and again and againa and...

So I guess I'll start with some grate full ness.

1 to be out of work at noon
2 Mexicn lunch
3 this afternoon smiled and joked with a few strangers (one of my al anon sisters suggested cultivating friends--its been so long since I really tried for friendship
4 long slow lazy afernoon of reading a book--a novel, not self help
5 Maggie getting to San Antonio so far safely with her newborn daughter
6 discovered my next grandchild will be a boy
7 a meeting tonite. Not my favorite meeting but at least there is a meeting. 2 weeks ago I was in a small town deep in WV and no one showed up for the al anon meeting so I went in to the open aa instead.
8 I am not irritable and discontented--and as a matter of fact I am on the mend from whatever that virus was Helena broght to the beach with her
9God is in my life and I am in His Hands
10 This is one of the best hair and tan days this week

Onto look at Pittsburgh weather for tomorrow. Darling man would prefer to go tothe big city tomorrow instead of July 4th to avoid crowds. Whereas I would prefer to go o the city and celebrate in a bigger way than this small town will. I can be such a bitch sometimes. But it looks like rain tomorrow and I might get my way. I would like to get my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home